Thursday 30 April 2009

St Christies TT Tues 28th April

On a gloomier Tuesday evening than the previous week a few ATC members ventured out to the 10 mile TT. A tricky evening for a Time Trial - there didn't appear to be too much wind until we hit Leaburn & the head wind made it a real drag until Strathaven Road.
I was first club member home in 27.50, shaving a mighty 3 seconds off the previous week - very tired legs after a 90 minute run on Sunday followed by a very hard trail run on Monday night. I remember now from last year that I was flippin' knackered every Tuesday night.
The surprise performance of the night was from Colin B who put his saddle up then hammered round in an incredible 27.52. Incredible because this was almost 4 MINUTES quicker than last week!! 4 MINUTES!! He may have been better doing this next week when the points start as he would probably have nailed the most improved trophy in the first week. We should really have tested his urine after this dramatic improvement, I don't know what was in it but he must have drunk a ton of it.
Genevieve was 1st lady again in 28.41, shaving 5 secs off last week & heading towards the illusive 27 min target.
Graeme Allan finished in 32.03, 58 secs off last weeks pace but was maybe still reeling from his 'ultra' run on Sunday. We know from last year that he will go faster than this, maybe just needs to drink some of Colin B's urine.

C.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last week I spoke to a man nice spanish man called Eufemiano Fuentes who said he could offer me some "medical advice" and improve my performance. He seemd such a nice guy and claimed to have worked with Basso, Ulrich etc but I ddn't believe him. Anyway, his 'vitamins' have made me feel so much more energetic that I'm sure Tuesday nigths performance ws down to them! Or maybe it was my saddle height and the fear of being rubbish again that spurred me on!