Sunday 26 April 2009

Swim, Drink, Run

This week seems to have flown by since the Duathlon last weekend. We had a swimming focus for the week - aiming for 5 sessions but managing 4, but all good effective sessions & something to build on. We dropped 1 swim session due to Mrs A deciding to have a Birthday. Two late nights out made me feel numb for the back end of the week & it kind of passed me by a bit - not very good at that sort of thing any more. Drank too much wine & ate too much cake but boy was it tasty.

Just 4 out for the bike on Saturday but good to see Don coming back for more & Frank dusted off the Bianchi for it's first outing of the year. Good job seeing as he has Bishopbriggs Tri in 7 days!!

The first proper Sunday run set off this morning from Langlands Golf Course at 9.00am. An impressive turnout & a good steady 9.2 miles round the back roads. A good effort by all, especially the 2 Graemes/Grahams. Graham R complained it was too far but still managed to converse non-stop for the whole run, so much so we had to take it in turns to listen. Graeme A admirably hung in for the whole run too - especially good given that he 'sometimes runs 5k a week'!!
This is an invaluable session run at an easy pace that will do wonders for your running & endurance if you can string a few weeks together.
NOTE; We are meeting just before the Golf Course junction next week & not in the Car Park, which was over-full today & I felt a bit sheepish getting back in the car afterwards!

I have entered Troon 10k - I see no one else has though several people have said they are intending to. I would do this ASAP as there are now only 100 places left (there were 280 on Friday) & it will fill up.

We are still awaiting the final confirmation of the pool for the Weds session, hopefully we can get this finalised next week.

2 comments:

grazie said...

Ha ha - I run on 'hot air'. I'm afraid if I stop talking I'll fall over.
Seriously though, very good session.
My entry is also in for Troon.

A.Stirling said...

just got my entry in for Troon. Is the offer of a lift still available?