Tuesday 13 January 2009

Summary of Last Week

I had hoped to summarise the previous weeks training on the Blog every Sunday but I managed that for one week only & am already behind this week. I must try harder!

The first full training week of 2009 went as expected for myself & Mrs ATHelite. Despite being very busy in the shops at the moment we managed to squeeze in most of what we wanted.
We managed 2 introductory swims, once on Tuesday & again on Friday with the 1st training group. Not quite as rusty as expected but a long way to go in this department.
4 run sessions saw us coming back steadily after the Christmas binge - though we have realised we are both racing at the Vets relays at Strathclyde Park this Sunday so slightly concerned about that, but not much we can do now!
We also incorporated 2 x stretching sessions & 2 x core stability sessions - always feel like a new person afterwards.
The biking is the area where we really need to crank it up - we went out yesterday around the back roads in the wind which wasn't too horrendous but need to start the daily commutes from now on to get the mileage up - not so bad now the frosts have eased (for now - I'm sure they will return).
A concern for me is that I am still concious of the hip injury that stopped me biking last year so need to look at my bike set up again.
I know there are a few of you out there who are doing the 'One Hundred Push Ups' regime - keep it going every other day - I am up to 80 in one session over the 5 sets now & have a progress check at the end of this week so it will be good to see the difference to my intial 22. (There had better be a difference!!)

Have a good week.

No comments: