Monday 1 April 2013

The Big Outdoors

I hope you are all having a nice Easter long weekend - it was a mixed bag of weather here to contend with. As Genevieve knocked out a second mighty big training week, I managed something a little more gentle as I ease myself carefully back into training following my enforced time out.

I ticked over quite well through the week managing 3 steady swims and 3 slow runs (which were all very uncomfortable), but the highlight was actually finally riding outdoors for the first time this year (Woohoo High Five!!). As forecasted the sun shone on Saturday & the temperatures rose from the minuses up to a dizzy 12 degrees in the afternoon. A small bunch of us had a nice 2 hour ride around Musselman Lake, which was still completely frozen over with people walking their dogs on it (this still catches me by surprise!). So nice to sit outside the coffee shop afterwards in the sun. Sunday was colder & windier but we headed out again for 2hrs 30. This extra 30 mins was a bit much for me - I clearly have a 2 hour limit of endurance for the time being until I am more recovered.



Cold, gusty, snowy conditions for today & the next couple of days. The word on the street is that that is the last of the cold weather though & the back end of the week looks more favorable. BRING IT ON!! (gently).

 


No comments: