Wednesday 27 March 2013

Horizontal to Vertical

You may (or may not) have noticed that I have not posted recently about my training. There is a reason for this - there hasn't been any. Following a rather unpleasant 5 week period of being mostly horizontal and barely able to stand up, I am now able to start back training very gently. Given that I was training like an animal prior to all this I now have to make a huge adjustment as I am only initially allowed to train very lightly.

Whilst I may now have to adjust my ambitious August Ironman goals, it is a great relief to get moving again. In the last few days I have been able to sit on the trainer & spin easy for 45 minutes, run gently for 20 minutes, and in the last 2 days I have ventured back in the pool to knock out a mighty 1km!!

My return to the world of training has coincided with what I am hoping is the arrival of Spring. The snow has finally mostly melted away and the temperature has dared to creep up to the dizzy heights of above zero. As I write this the sun is shining in through the office window and very nice it is too. We are even hoping to get out into the big wide world and actually ride outdoors this Easter weekend.
Might even include a coffee stop!!




No comments: