Monday 18 February 2013

Turn your week Green

Hi folks - hope you all had a good weekend.

We managed to finish off an excellent training week with 2.5 hours on the trainer yesterday. Not my favorite session but when it is -16 outside there is no option but to train indoors.

We use the Training Peaks website for Coaching - it is a great tool for writing & constructing training sessions and short and long term plans. It is also a very effective method of sending these plans to clients and reviewing performance.

One of the simplest functions on Training Peaks is that you can color code the sessions according to compliance. If you upload a completed session it turns Green (in my head this means I am a Superstar), if you skip a session if turns red (I am riddled with guilt) and if you come up short on a session it turns yellow (I am a failure). This is great for me as I always have this in the back of my head when I am training and it always forces me to see a session through to the end & not pull up short.

Last week was a completely Green week & that is a nice feeling.

No comments: