Thursday 17 January 2013

Staying focused

Today started with a tough cadence & gearing session on the bike. I was on the rollers and all was going well until 55 minutes into the set when my mind drifted elsewhere onto other matters & I lost focus. 

The great thing about riding the rollers is that you have to really concentrate & this makes the session go faster. The down side is that if you forget to concentrate then things can go wrong, and they did. One minute I was pedaling hard & the next I was crashing off the side of the rollers into Genevieve & onto the floor. Fortunately she was locked into the turbo trainer otherwise we would both have gone down. 

Result; Bruised ankle, bruised hip & left wrist is now strapped up & there will be no swimming or gym work for the next few days. The good thing about Triathlon training is that there are plenty of other things that I can do. 

Not the end of the world by any means, but the message here is... 

Keep your mind on what is important and don't worry about everything else!!

No comments: