Friday 18 January 2013

Run Forrest, Run!!

We started this morning by going to the pool for Paolinas Birthday Swim (43 x 100's!!). Fortunately my strapped up wrist prevented me from taking part in this crazy session but well done to the crowd who completed it. I did manage the cup cakes and coffee afterwards without too much problem though so all was not lost. We met some new fun folk too so a good morning.

From Starbucks we then ran for an hour all the way home. A beautiful day today - sun shining, clear blue skies and a scattering of new snow but boy is it cold out there today!! About minus 10 degrees but add in the chill of a head wind and I felt like I had my head in a freezer. Eventually we changed direction though and it warmed up and we could start shedding a few layers.

Today was one of those runs where we both felt great - running at a good pace, light on the feet, heart rate in the right place. I am always amazed how you can go out running one day and feel tight, heavy legged & sluggish, then go out the next day and feel light on your feet and effortless without having knowingly done anything different in preparation. I can never predict how I am going to feel until I leave the front door but, as Forrest Gump so wisely said - life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get!


No comments: