Monday 12 November 2012

Functional Bio-mechanical Analysis

We are slowly starting the (long) road to getting our fitness back and yesterday it was my turn to be the client.
My 'A' race is Ironman Mont Tremblant next August. Due to work, life & coaching commitments the last time I remember being anywhere near fit & strong was my last proper race at Ironman Switzerland in 2011. I did do a Half Ironman in the Uk this Summer and whilst racing it fairly well, I was not in great shape so I have some work to do!!
As much as I would love to start going out and swimming, biking & running multiple times a week, I know this would do me more harm than good. So yesterday Genevieve worked with me and carried out a full Functional Bio-mechanical Analysis and has designed a personal corrective Strength & Conditioning Program for me to follow over the next 4 weeks. This is not about humping weights in the Gym but specific exercises for stretching over-active and tight muscles, and strengthening under-active and weak muscles. Issues that I have been plagued with over the years are tight hamstrings and a hip weakness on one side. This gets much worse with inactivity so I need to address these problems before I launch myself into full training.

Whether you are training for Ironman or just planning on your first 5k in 2013 then a Full Functional Analysis is most certainly something that you should think about, and getting it done in the 'Off' season is the perfect time.

If you are interested then please email us at coaching@athelite.net.

No comments: