Saturday 24 November 2012

Cool Running

A big change in the weather today - sub zero temperatures overnight and all day in fact, and we woke up to a scattering of snow outside. If we had our winter bike gear & winter bikes we probably could have ridden outdoors but all this gear is STILL in shipping.
It looks like it has become similarly cold in Scotland and looking at various facebook posts it seems like a lot of people came down on black ice this morning whilst venturing out on the bikes. It is a lot drier here in Canada and it's nice how everything is not covered in sheet ice like it does in the UK.

I am certainly not in the zone for biking indoors on the trainer yet so I went for a gentle 25 min as I did yesterday. I have not run since the start of October so nice & steady keeping an eye on my heart rate. Not quite as easy as I would have liked today but the wind was so cold my body temperature was dropping. Must remember to wear more clothes on easy runs.

I love running more than everything & I always default to it over the winter. There are some great playing fields over the road so a good opportunity for some off road work over the next few weeks. Looking forward to it.

I was clearing out my inbox today & found a link to this image of me on IMAC in early 2011.

http://www.imacimages.com/cart/photocart/index.php?do=photocart&viewGallery=2510#image=89103

I remember feeling great around this this time so I will target myself with getting back into this condition again over the winter.

This is not me, but it just seems relevant....

No comments: