Tuesday 7 April 2009

Edinburgh Half Marathon

Alan from ATHelite Tri Club proved strong as he undertook the Edinburgh Half Marathon
EDINBURGH HALF MARATHON - SUN 5th AprilGlorious weather in Edinburgh really added to this very well organised event. After a slight delay in the start, I couldn't seem to get my legs to work properly over the first 5 miles. This may have been something to do with my complete failure to resist the tempting offer of a circumnavigation of the Campsies by bike on Friday. At the 10 mile turning point, the gentle tail wind I had been enjoying seemed to strengthen into a gusty head wind. (The perceived strength of the wind may have been relative to the actual weakness of my legs at this point) After managing to muster together a bit of a sprint finish I managed to cross the line with a PB time of 1:39.42.

No comments: