Sunday 8 February 2009

Flippin' eck it's cold!!

So we ran JogScotland on Thursday night - 1 mile efforts on the ice becomes 1.5 mile efforts by the time you've factored in wheel spin.
The Friday morning swim session was a good one - the total distance increases slightly each time but the fatigue doesn't. I used to go to work afterwards & wake up every time the front door pinged but this time I went to work & did my 100 press ups regime. Into week 5 now & completed 173 press ups over the 5 sets so pretty chuffed. Mrs ATHelite is progressing into week 3 now - steady progress but I don't think she is going to be a Power Lifter when she is older! We are both swimming faster now & I am sure part of the reason is the push ups.

Mrs A sat on the bike in the house first thing Saturday morning whilst I headed out for a run at 7.30am - it started snowing heavily the minute I stepped out the door & stopped the minute I got home. Quite nice to run in, though the new snow does hide the sheet ice hiding beneath - I couldn't do the splits before, but now I can't get my legs together.

A longer run first thing this morning (Sun) saw us heading out into the very cold minus 5 temperatures. I just could not get warm & ended up wearing virtually all our clothes whilst Mrs ATHelite ran in a t-shirt! Not very gentleman-like but I was freezing & she has no thermostat & is constantly roasting so no problem. We did cut the run slightly shorter than the desired 2 hours but we did a good deed by saving the life of a small field mouse. Rolling about on its back in the middle of the road it was. I wrapped it in straw & popped it in the hedge. No mouth to mouth required fortunately, though it was a pretty little thing.

We finished the run, now feeling warm with goodness & headed to the shops to sit on the bikes before work.
We had intended to do the St Christies 10 Mile TT today but decided that 1. We would have been late to the shops & 2. We were more interested in time on the bike rather than a time trial, so we went to our respective shops early & sat on the Turbo/ Rollers for 1.5hrs instead.
It was good - I managed to watch yesterdays 6 Nations Rugby on the BBC iPlayer on the laptop whilst cycling - certainly makes the time pass quicker.

An hour of Core & Stretching this evening will take us just over the 10 training hours that we were targeting. Next week the biking needs to go up as we only have one month till the warm weather training.

No comments: