Friday 9 January 2009

Friday Swim Session

A good first swim session this morning for the ATHelite Tri Club. It is so much better swimming in a group .....
1. You feel more pressure to actually get out of bed to be on time &
2. You swim harder & more consistantly than on your own
I thoroughly enjoyed it & swam much better than I did when I did the same session on my own on Tuesday. We were all pretty rusty having not swum for between 1 month & a year so well done all.
Unfortunately Coach Jack was off today with man flu but should be back in action for next Friday.

PUSH UPS
We have both started on our One Hundred Push Ups regime - see the link to the right for the website. I only mentioned Mrs ATHelites comical attempt at push ups to John Dargie & now he seems to have got us doing this.
Start off with as many 'good form' push ups as you can then consult the 6 week training plan with the aim of completing 100 non-stop push ups by the end.
Your first thought is 'no chance' but I did my first set last night completing 73 push ups in total over 5 sets which i wouldn't have thought i could do given that I could only do 22 at the initial test! I'm sure I was up to 35 before Christmas but appear to have over-indulged & added extra weight.

Are you doing the Hundred Push Ups challenge? Let us know how you are getting on.

No comments: