Friday 16 August 2013

Ironman Mont Tremblant - here we come!!!

A long while since my last blog and a lot has happened! I have finally found time to type and it is while we are in the van with our support crew on the long (and very congested) road to Mont Tremblant. 

The good news is that despite a fairly horrendous series of unfortunate circumstances all 8 of us are miraculously together. For me, after a lot of time out of action at the start of the year due to illness I have had 18 weeks of solid and steady training. Thanks to a very careful and structured training program by Genevieve I actually appear to be hitting the start line in pretty good shape.

Unfortunately the story is not the same for Genevieve. Many of our friends probably know but she had a very nasty tumble on the bike whilst we were on one of our last long rides 4 weeks ago. It is not a situation I wish to go through ever again and it resulted in a broken collarbone right at the shoulder joint and a lot of residual muscle damage . The bone is healing well and and mobility is improving but not in time to realistically have a go at an Ironman. It is a real shame as she was in better shape than ever before. Sometimes life is tough.

I will attempt to get a couple of updates here prior to and after the race so watch this space!!

No comments: