Monday 8 April 2013

Has Spring Sprung?

I just sat down to write a blog about Spring and what a lovely morning it was. Unfortunately the rain has simultaneously started hammering on the window so it looks like Spring has Sprung a leak already.

Nevertheless - I have strung together four rides outdoors in four days which is something. (Fridays ride was actually on the trainer, in the garden, wearing a thermal jacket, but I am counting it as 'outdoors'). On Saturday we went to ride with the Newmarket Eagles. Unfortunately it was so cold that only 1 other person turned up but we had a great ride through Holland Marshes. It may have been cold but I still seemed to get a sunburnt nose!!

I am starting to feel a bit of the old 'magic?' returning to my body after my time out. I am not allowed to do any intervals swimming, biking or running, but the pace and endurance is slowly rising again. According to Training Peaks my fitness is currently back down at the level that is was at Christmas which is a bit disheartening but with the whole of the Summer ahead we are remaining positive. Ironman Mont Tremblant kindly emailed this morning to let me know that the race is 131 days away so that will keep me focused for the time being.


No comments: