Monday 17 December 2012

Structured Training Starts Here!!

Today is the start of something monumental. It is the first official day of my 2013 Training Plan targeting, amongst other things, Ironman Mont Tremblant in Quebec next August.

It may not sound monumental to most people but having not really raced last year, or indeed since July 2011, then this is a big thing for me!!

2013 will be different for us. We have stripped back our previously overloaded work/life/coaching commitments to a more sensible level & also changed Continents!!

Having sat down with my Coach (Genevieve) we have planned out the timing of my 'A' & 'B' races and she has incorporated all these into my Annual Training Plan on Training Peaks. After a period of unstructured training I am really looking forward to working to a plan again and Training Peaks is great tool for managing that plan.

I'll let you know how the first week goes but so far I have completed a swim technique session and all I will say is that my muscle memory has amnesia!!




No comments: