Wednesday 12 December 2012

Christmas in Zone 1

Given that Christmas Day is two weeks away I am feeling strangely 'Un-Christmassy'.

At first I couldn't put my finger why this is, but then I realized that it has almost been forced upon us for the last 7 or 8 years. This is our first Christmas in all that time that we have not been immersed in retail whilst running the Triathlon Shop.

At this time we usually have all the decorations up in the shop windows, Christmas tunes playing non-stop, and are handing out mince pies and Mulled Wine to all our customers. We are not planning Sales evenings, Triathlon Club Christmas Parties, organizing Christmas Swim Sessions or Fancy Dress Runs. The phone is not ringing off the hook with customers desperate for must have items or calls from suppliers chasing orders for next year.

This year it will all be very different for us and I think we will be spending the festive period with my Heart Rate strictly in Zone 1.
I fully intend to make the most of it in case it never happens again!!




No comments: