Monday 29 August 2011

A spot of Wind.

Last week I was extra prepared for the Saturday Athelite (could be abbreviated to Satelite?) Bike Ride & published the route on Friday on the Facebook page. I will think twice about doing this again as we barely stuck to the route at any point but a good ride from everyone nonetheless with some good sharp climbs to test the legs. A few too many stops & starts what with getting lost, mechanicals & adjustments but we will work on a bit more fluidity & group riding skills over the next few weeks.

Sunday was our 10 Mile Road Race Run Training Session. An excellent turn out on a very windy Sunday morning & everyone produced some excellent times & improvements despite the blustery conditions. I really enjoyed the workout & paced myself on heart rate all the way round for a change & it worked well. I have actually run the same hilly course as a race when Calderglen Harriers organised it in 2009. My time then was 62 mins & this time I was 67 but I have a whole range of excuses to try & justify that including age, Ironman fatigue, a cold.... whatever!!. I was pleased none the less as both myself & Genevieves run pace over these runs is starting to get quicker.

A few guys were running the 10 miler as a test for this Sundays Glasgow Half Marathon. If you are running the Half or the 10k this weekend then have a good rest this week & Good Luck on Sunday!!


No comments: