Monday 12 October 2009

ATHelite Tri Club Swim Session

UPDATE
I've been in talks with 2 swim coaches about organising a 6 weeks swim workshop.

The workshop would replace the normal swim sessions. It would be a lot more involved and a lot more technique orientated. Our current sessions are obviously just a group training session but I would like to introduce the 6 week workshop as a taster to see if we would like our sessions to be more like this in the new year.

The workshop would have two coaches which with the amount of people that have been coming lately would allow a more personalised session.

Unfortunately this will cost more money! We're looking at £4/£5 a session and you will need to sign up for the 6 week block. I would like the workshop to start soon and run up to Christmas.


The majority wins on this one. So, if enough people agree we will run the Workshop in place of the current training nights. So, only those who sign up to the workshop will be able to come (if it goes ahead) .

THERE IS A MINIMUM REQUIREMENT FOR THIS WORKSHOP. YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO DO 10 LENGTHS OF BREAST STROKE (IF YOU CAN'T CRAWL) AND 2 LENGTHS OF CRAWL.....you know what I mean :-)

Numbers are already coming in quickly...yipee

Please let me know if you're interested

Leave a comment or email me with your views.

7 comments:

Jiminy Cricket said...

Hi Colin
Firstly, Can I say a Big Well Done to you and Gen.
A magnificent achievement by both of you!
Re Swim training I'm very interested but can only do a Friday night later on (6.30pm earliest)
James

athelite said...

the swim session will be on the wednesday night same time as always. this is the only day we can get the pool.

thanks for the kind words.

frank said...

Great idea unfortunately my attendance depends on my rota. will be there next week though
frank

A.Stirling said...

Great suggestion. I'm certainly up for a bit more work on technique.

garethe said...

sounds good to me , agree with alan my swim "technique" is in need of improvement

Dawn said...

I have swimmers shoulder - which apparently comes primarily from bad technique and overuse so i defo need the swim workshop! Count me in!

Unknown said...

I would be interested, and can make wednesdays
Deirdre