Saturday 8 August 2009

Challenge Barcelona Ironman

As someone who gets heart palputations when setting up for a sprint Tri I felt a little nervous when I first opened up the race info (link below) for our big Barcelona race in 8 weeks.
What I should really be impressed by is the organisation of the event which seems to have covered virtually everything. I am really looking forward to the event & some time away (we are actually counting this as a holiday!) & am very glad that we have an entourage coming with us - hopefully to keep me calm & stop my head from exploding!

There have been some recent changes to the course following some problems thrown up in the Half Ironman earlier in the year but they all seem like good improvements - the swim is now 1 lap not 2 with 9 swim heats to reduce congestion. The bike is now more laps but a different route to reduce congestion & drafting problems. The run course is, again, more loops which eliminates a killer climb at the finish & also brings the athletes through the spectators more which will be nice. I personally quite like loopy courses as it makes it easier mentally to tick the distance off in my head.

http://www.challenge-barcelona.com/race_info/infotria_en.doc

Big training week next week!

No comments: