Thursday 16 July 2009

Black Loch - What a Super Super Sprint!

An amazing turnout for the unofficial 'it's not a race' Super Sprint Triathlon on Wednesday evening.

The weather was perfect for the 600m swim & a good chance to practice the mass start. I got my goggles punched off my face & garroted by a feisty weed, other than that - no problems & really enjoyed it.
The bike started off at minute intervals &, as is usual on the A77, uphill into a head wind but a good blast back from the turning point. My 1st foray on the Plamsa having tweaked the set up & it felt great, so great in fact I went out again this morning at 7.00am for an hour to spend more time bonding.
Transition straight into the run, head wind again and either up or down in both directions. No flat bits here but it was soon over.

Great to see such a good turnout from the Tri Club - all dressed resplendently in the new club colours. I have to say that once we had mostly sized up so we could get into it, the new ATC kit is really good. I love the Tri Suit & if you were thinking of getting bike gear then I have the bib shorts & Jersey which are both excellent. I am going to ask if they do pyjamas so I can wear it around the house.

Results will follow as there was some uncertainty with some of the splits but I will post them here when they arrive.

Big thanks for Bud for organising us on the night, to Billy & Hazel for timing & to Gen & Dawn for the Ra Ra Cheerleading. Can't wait for the next one - come & give it a go but remember it is NOT a race, it is a training session.

1 comment:

Derek Stewart said...

A great nights "training" and I certainly felt the swim was different having a mass start - after 200m I felt like giving up! Lesson learned; start slower and get into a rhythm!
Thanks to Buzz and crew for organising the training and to everyone for their encouragement - I feel part of the Athelite team!! Good luck to everyone taking part on Sunday.
My 1st Olympic Distance event will be At Strathclyde on the 26th and I am raising funds for Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre. I have raised £3,500 so far and if your feeling generous go to www.justgiving.com/derekstewart . See you around.