Friday 12 June 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub

My legs have been killing me recently. They're so heavy and tired. Even the soles of my feet are painful!!! I've been using the foam roller (not as much as I should, if truth be told it's just now and again when I can remember), I really struggle inflicting that much pain on myself. So, I decided I had to just drop a run session (not an easy decision) and book a treatment with Grant (our sport therapist). Good grief, how painful was that session. I saw him last thing last night and I was kinda looking forward to some time out on the bed and a wee chat!!! Well, none of that happened! And to be honest I don't know if I'll talk to him again. He stripped my legs, focusing on my I.T. band and calf muscles. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to walk to the car but I managed it somehow...woke up this morning and my legs feel great. I've been on my feet all day and no pain! This bodes well & I am going to book another appointment for next Thursday and hopefully I shall race with fresh legs next Sunday at Ayr!! And today I'm not so angry with Grant.

3 comments:

Jiminy Cricket said...

Can Grant relieve a tight sore back ?

MandyW said...

Definitely!!!! I went to him with a lot of tightness & pain in my upper back. He worked on my back and discovered a lot of my problems were actually coming from my lower back. One session and it was 100% better. I now get a regular sports massage with him just to keep everything loose...he is very good and I would highly recommend him.

Jiminy Cricket said...

Thanks Mandy
I've booked my session!
If I can't walk next Monday I'll be looking for a piggy-back! :-)