Wednesday 4 March 2009

Bloody Milk!!

Tired of getting injured through over-training? Why not see what you can do whilst going to buy some milk? I tried just this very thing yesterday morning.

Popped out from the Ek shop to the Post Office for 2 minutes to get milk but on the way back jogged past the vital roadworks in the Village (specially designed to stop anyone getting to the shop) only to catch my foot on the sticking up leg of a hidden upside down road sign. (Ironically the sign said something like - 'Beware Roadworks'.) What better use of a sign than to lay it down as a mantrap.
The sign speared my foot then laughed as I flew through the air, across a large puddle & slid onto the road on all the grit & rocks on the pavement. OUCH!!

So I have torn big holes in both my palms & elbow, jarred my shoulder, ripped two tops to pieces AND squashed the milk.

Spent much of last night wimpering in the bath as we pulled rocks out from under my skin and squirted stingy stuff everywhere. I know you are thinking 'what a big girlie' but I did do a days work & then do the hour bike turbo session last night before the bath so that must get some Man points back?

Next time you go to buy milk don't assume that everything is going to be ok because ANYTHING can happen.

No comments: