Sunday 18 January 2009

Review of the Week

Well that's another week flown by - I don't know where they go to.
This week saw me doing 3 swim sessions (Mrs ATHelite did 2 - still being careful with the shoulder to avoid any more injury). The Friday session was great - coach Jack was unavailable again (the Man Flu seems to have taken a turn for the worse, poor little soldier) but he left us a good session to do. A good turnout & enjoyed by all.
We got a couple of short bikes in but no real distance due to more miserable weather. I think I may have sorted my hip issue with a little bit of cleat adjustment - haven't done any long rides as yet but it definately felt better over the commute to work.
We are mainly doing our running on the Monday & Thursday with the JogScotland group at the moment - we still get a good session in as it is mainly hills & interval training.
We both took part in the Masters Road Relays in Strathclyde Park today (Sunday) before work. I think it is fair to say we both found this pretty tough. The conditions were not too bad, a bit cold & windy but the early morning snow had cleared by the time we started.
I had hoped for a sub 22 minute for the 4 mile loop but finished a good 40 secs outside that - felt very rusty & out of practice. I didn't feel like I had any power in the legs at all but not too worried - we have a lot of training to do this year & it is only the 18th Jan !
The OneHundredPushUps regime is going to plan - i did day 1 of week 4 yesterday with a total of 97 push ups over the 5 sets. Still can't imagine doing 100 non stop but I am doing more each time & it doesn't actually get any harder (just the normal pain level!)
Really need to get more biking done - hoping for a couple of hours out on Monday but as I look out of the window now I see the rain has turned to sleet & it just looks baltic. A good biking day tomorrow seems unlikely at the moment.
Happy Training Everyone!!

No comments: